Guest Services - Attendant
Ultimate Hikes are the exclusive operators of multi day guided walks on the famous Milford & Routeburn Tracks. The tracks are New Zealand's most iconic of the Great Walks, and along with the Greenstone Track, showcase the majestic nature of Fiordland and Mt Aspiring National Parks. We combine the opportunity to inhabit these great locations and challenging hiking tracks with the comfort of private lodges and unique hospitality in the most remote of locations. Over the season we employ a range of people who work together to make our guided walks the most memorable experience for our guests.
Position Description – Guest Services
Guest services staff are responsible for providing quality assistance, information and advice to guests.
The role is seasonal and based in the Ultimate Hikes Centre on Duke Street, Queenstown.
The role reports to the Ultimate Hikes Centre Team Leader. Works closely with Queenstown office team, including reservations and senior management.
This position carries no financial authority.
Key skills and responsibilities
- Attend to guest inquiries promptly and provide friendly and helpful service.
- Determine guest requirements and advise on product range, price, product use and care.
- Accept payment for goods and services by a variety of payment methods.
- Determine guest needs and requirements pre-walk and on track and ensure these are communicated to the guides.
- Conduct pre-track briefings for guests arriving to do the Milford, Routeburn and Greenstone Tracks multi day walks, so guests can prepare for their departure.
- Assist with a wide range of administrative duties associated with the smooth operation of the walks throughout the working day, also ensuring that appropriate guest information is distributed to lodges, drivers, guides and other staff as required.
- Process bookings and complete basic reservation duties as required.
- Undertake general shop duties as required including retail sales, accepting payment for goods and services, preparing sales invoices, unpacking and pricing stock, restocking shelves, and maintaining a welcoming and tidy premises.
- Assist with the ongoing management of stock including product inventories and participating in stocktaking.
Health and Safety Requirements
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and ensure your behaviours do not adversely affect the health and safety of other people as per Ultimate Hikes Health & Safety plan.
- Identify and report hazards within the workplace.
- Comply with all procedures.
Guest services staff must be able to demonstrate all or some of the following:
- Experience in a guest service role, preferably in retail.
- Be able to use computer systems including Microsoft Office.
- Being friendly, helpful and providing an excellent level of service.
- Can communicate well with our guests and all staff team members.
- Confidence in public speaking.
- Can provide advice and information in a manner that guests understand.
- Enjoy being part of a team, take initiative and be willing to go the extra mile to help someone or get a job done.
- Be fluent in a foreign language, preferably Japanese or Korean.
- Have experience working for Ultimate Hikes or an affiliated Trojan Holdings company.
- Have a great attitude, be a team player and be willing to learn.
Ultimate Hikes are guardians of the environment we operate in. We are leaders in the safety and education of visitors to the region and we are responsible for the health, safety and wellbeing of the people who live and work there on our behalf.
We take this commitment very seriously and pledge that everything we do will be in keeping with our own Tiaki Promise - caring for people and place.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Job Start Date Monday, 9 October 2023
- Job End Date Friday, 19 April 2024
- 9 Duke Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand