Summer Operations Crew
Our NZSki community has been growing since 1947 and continues to offer the best experience for our crew, locals, and guests alike. Everyone at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt cares for the mountains and shares a passion for snowsports and the surrounding regions. Our success is due to our awesome customer service, first-class facilities, majestic scenery, and wild terrain.
Skiers and boarders will depart Coronet Peak, and that’s when our mountain bikers and hikers arrive. We aim to give them the best experience on our mountain!
This summer season, we are looking for enthusiastic and reliable people who are not afraid of a little hard work, in return for some fun times in one of the best offices in New Zealand. You could be swingling a lift chair, a shovel, a cup of coffee and driving a bike shuttle, that’s all in a week's work.
This role will commence in early December and run until April 2024.
The role will include (but is not limited too):
- Chair lift operations including operating lift machinery, meeting, and greeting all guests who ride a chairlift.
- Lift and event queue management
- Maintaining mountain bike trails
- Parking cars and other car park duties
- Food handling, coffee making, and preparation of menu items and ski area cuisine.
- Ability to make multitasking appear effortless.
- Stock control and planning for variances in trading to minimisation wastage
- Frontline guest service including selling products and general guest questions.
- Selling retail products
- Trail Safety to actively ensure the safety of guests and staff mountain biking on ski area terrain.
- Shuttle driving including assist with bus loading of guests and bikes (P license required).
The ideal applicant would be an active mountain biker and have an interest in developing new skills as our team members will be working across several tasks.
This role requires a high level of energy, excellent teamwork skills, the ability to quickly build rapport with all guests and staff, and outstanding health and safety awareness.
If you have experience in any of the tasks above, you are committed to delivering exceptional customer service and promoting our unique alpine environment to our summer guests, we'd love to see your application!
As Kaitiaki of the mountains we have an enduring commitment to our environment, people, and communities to ensure they benefit from our presence and we’ve pledged to continue to provide a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Uniform for all roles is provided (just bring your own base layers)
- Coronet Peak Ski Area, Queenstown 9371, New Zealand