Wylie’s Baths Trust - Community Representative Treasurer
Expression of Interest –– Wylie’s Baths Trust - Community Representative Treasurer
Wylie’s Baths in Coogee, one of Sydney’s most beautiful ocean pools, is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Community Representative to join their governing committee, Wylie’s Baths Trust.
What is the Charter of Wylie’s Baths Trust?
‘The Trust’ has a number of objectives, including:
- To hold the lease for the facility and effectively manage day to day activity at the baths;
- To provide a first-class bathing experience for the local community, visitors and other users;
- To optimise public use of the venue in keeping with the heritage values of the site;
- To maintain and upgrade the facilities to ensure the commercial sustainability of the baths;
- To promote and encourage the sport of swimming.
Who makes up the Trust?
The management of Wylie’s Baths is vested in a committee consisting of a representative from each of the local foundation clubs that led the restoration of the facility;
- Randwick & Coogee Amateur Swimming Club
- Coogee Diggers Swimming Club
- South Maroubra Dolphins
- Coogee Surf Club
In addition, there are three Community Representatives, appointed by the General Manager of Randwick City Council. Community Representatives are appointed for three-year terms.
The Club and Community members of the Trust are all volunteers who give freely of their time to ensure the safe and effective management of the facility in accordance with the charter. Each member has specific oversight of certain activities relating to the operation of the facility.
Your role as our new community Representative
- Our new community representative will be required to accept the role of Honorary Treasurer and therefore a strong Financial background is essential.
- You will be required to hold a minimum of a CPA qualification and in addition to this have exposure to the financial management of a small to medium sized business
- Payroll experience is also desirable
- As a small community facility, we have a great culture of volunteering and as our new member you will be actively involved and present on site. Your commitment, energy and expertise to ensure our community enjoys a healthy and active lifestyle at one of Australia’s most iconic ocean pools is essential.
- All members of Wylie’s Baths Trust are volunteers, each bringing their own strengths, skills and experience to ensure the success of the facility. Teamwork and collaboration is a must.
To express interest in this position, please email your resume and cover letter for the attention of the General Manager, Randwick City Council email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm on Thursday 23 November 2023.
- Pay type Hourly
- Coogee Beach, New South Wales, Australia