Nursery Team Leader
Closing Date: 11:59pm on Wednesday 18 October 2023
Status: Permanent Full-Time (38 hours per week)
Salary: From $74,112 to $81,533 per annum + 11% superannuation
- Vibrant eastern suburb’s location
- Create a sense of community
- Work-life balance
Randwick City Council is an innovative and progressive local government committed to serving our vibrant community on the eastern beaches of Sydney.
We are looking for a Nursery Team Leader to lead the day to day production, maintenance and commercial activities of the nursery team.
In addition to rewarding work, we offer great employee benefits including competitive wages / salaries, rostered day off, additional leave entitlements, health and wellbeing days, professional development opportunities, fitness passport, and much more.
What we value:
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence. Our culture encourages and supports equity, diversity, and inclusion for our employees and our community.
We will trust you to bring:
- TAFE Certificate III in Horticulture (retails or wholesale nursery)
- Experience in performing electronic sale transaction
- Competent keyboard skills and Microsoft Office literacy
- Well developed team leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in delivering customer service and in providing professional advice
- Good creative skills and good oral communication skills
- Class C Drivers licence
Things you will do:
- Coordinate, support and motivate staff in their daily duties to ensure programmed maintenance activities are completed
- Communicate effectively with a diverse range of customers
- Ensure work is undertaken in accordance with the Nursery and Garden Industry Association best practice guidelines
- Make operational decisions in planning and executing work
- Liaise with Nursery Supervisor regarding current and future work and communicate work requirements clearly to the Nursery team
- Perform a range of tasks for successful plant production and plant quality management, including propagation, potting-on, pruning fertilising, irrigating, nursery hygiene and appropriate pest and disease control
- Provide excellent customer service
View the position description online or contact Kevin Kaprot, Supervisor Nursery and Streetscape, on 02 9093 6843.
TIP: Once you click 'Apply Now' as part of the application process, you will be required to answer a series of screening questions. Please draft your responses on a Word document so you can copy and paste them into your application. For more information on how to apply, please read https://www.randwick.nsw.gov.au/about-us/jobs/applying-for-jobs
- Job function Operational Position
- Pay type Hourly
- Randwick Community Nursery, 2B Barker Street, Kingsford, New South Wales, Australia